Want to follow COVID-19 news? You’re in luck!
1. Multnomah County’s COVID-19.
What to expect, and what to do.
2. Oregon Health Authority.
The state’s go to agency for COVID-19 information.
3. City of Portland.
The City generally defers to the County for Health Info
4. City of Vancouver.
Did you know you can make an interactive map by putting plot points and location on a spreadsheet? Map push-pins show the info your spreadsheet provides (including urls and photos). Just click. As local or global as you want it.
1. NY Times Maps
2. Google My Maps.
Create and share custom maps with Google My Maps
3. Google Earth Projects.
You can create customized maps and stories about places around the world. Mark spots you care about, and add text, photos, and videos to complete your stories. You can also share your maps and stories with others to collaborate.
4. Google Crisis Map.
Crisis Map was designed to make disaster information easy to find, use, and share. It collects information that’s normally scattered across the Web and other resources and makes it easily available through a single map. Find authoritative information as well as crowd-sourced data, all in one place.
5. Our World in Data.
Makes maps and charts based on the work of others.
6. Open Street Maps.
http://vespucci.io/ (Android OSM editor)
7. U/Washington Covid-19 maps.
8. Johns Hopkins University maps.
Visualize and track reported cases in real-time. All the data collected and displayed is made freely available, initially as google sheets, now in a GitHub repository. It’s also available in the ESRI Living Atlas (ArcGis) in both desktop and mobile versions (below).
9. ESRI mapping company.
10. Satellite Directory
Applying for unemployment by phone: (503) 292-2057 or (877) 345-3484
All public utilities have suspended nonpayment shut-offs
Pacific Power: Call (888) 221-7070 *Comcast, AT&T, and Verizon suspend data caps and CenturyLink does too, plus won’t shut off for late payment
- Latest statistics
- Information about COVID-19 in the United States, CDC
- Coronavirus advisory information, WHO
- Coronavirus Q&A, WHO
- Coronavirus condition overview, WHO
Oregon and West Coast News
- Oregon: 67 sick, 2 fatalities, test results
- Washington: 1,012 sick, 54 fatalities, 1 recovery, test results
- Mayor Wheeler and County Chair Kafoury give a press conference about rent control and evictions (Livestream replay)
- Gov. Brown limits Oregon restaurants, bars to takeout, delivery only; bans gatherings of 25 or more
- First Multnomah County death, March 14
- Portland police will stop responding in person to some calls that aren’t life-threatening, citing coronavirus concerns
- Portland declares state of emergency over coronavirus, OR leaders implement restrictions
- REMEMBER: we’ve been through pandemics before and will get through this one as a community.
- Some positive things to know.
- Grocery Megathread – Stock updates, where to find stuff, what’s open/closed
- Shutdown Megathread – Mandated closures
- Jobs, Food, Assistance Megathread – Crowdsourcing help links